Should I drive after receiving nitrous oxide?

After you receive nitrous oxide and the mask has been removed, you should feel fine. It may take up to 15 minutes before you can move around like you did before, so you should wait for a while before driving. Ask your dentist if you can safely drive home or if someone should pick you up.

Continue Learning about Nitrous Oxide

How soon after taking nitrous oxide will I feel its effects?
Nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, works quickly. Within a few minutes of inhaling nitrous oxide th...
How is nitrous oxide used in tubal ligations or tubectomies?
Nitrous oxide is used in tubal ligations (tubectomies) to inflate the abdominal cavity. The medica...
What should I know about nitrous oxide before taking it?
Nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, is a mild sedative used in a dental office to calm so...
Is there a generic version of nitrous oxide?
Nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, is available to dentists and doctors as a generic sedative. It i...