Should I drive after receiving nitrous oxide?

After you receive nitrous oxide and the mask has been removed, you should feel fine. It may take up to 15 minutes before you can move around like you did before, so you should wait for a while before driving. Ask your dentist if you can safely drive home or if someone should pick you up.

Continue Learning about Nitrous Oxide

Who should not receive nitrous oxide?
People who are extremely nervous about dental work and cannot be calmed by nitrous oxide should ...
Should my child receive nitrous oxide?
Your child should be able to safely receive nitrous oxide if he can handle the plastic tubes in ...
What should I know about nitrous oxide before taking it?
With nitrous oxide, you will feel sedated but able to respond. In the small dose that is used fo...
Is there a generic version of nitrous oxide?
Nitrous oxide is the name of the active ingredient of a gas for which there is not a brand name....