Should my child receive nitrous oxide?

Your child should be able to safely receive nitrous oxide if he can handle the plastic tubes in his nose. Once the tubes are placed through his nose, your child must be able to breathe through his nose and follow directions from the dentist. Talk to your dentist about your child's level of development and willingness to cooperate.

Continue Learning about Nitrous Oxide

Is the use of nitrous oxide safe for pregnant women?
The use of nitrous oxide in pregnant women is controversial, and it is preferable pregnant women not...
Should I drive after receiving nitrous oxide?
After you receive nitrous oxide and the mask has been removed, you should feel fine. It may take...
Does nitrous oxide interact with other medications or foods?
The side effects of nitrous oxide can be intensified if administered to someone already taking m...
What should I know about nitrous oxide before taking it?
With nitrous oxide, you will feel sedated but able to respond. In the small dose that is used fo...