Should my child receive nitrous oxide?

Your child should be able to safely receive nitrous oxide if he can handle the plastic tubes in his nose. Once the tubes are placed through his nose, your child must be able to breathe through his nose and follow directions from the dentist. Talk to your dentist about your child's level of development and willingness to cooperate.

Continue Learning about Nitrous Oxide

Is the use of nitrous oxide safe for pregnant women?
The use of nitrous oxide in pregnant women is controversial, and it is preferable pregnant women not...
Are there any risks in using nitrous oxide?
Nitrous oxide is a safe and well-tolerated sedative with few risks. Nitrous oxide can be adjuste...
What should I know about nitrous oxide before taking it?
Nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, is a mild sedative used in a dental office to calm so...
How soon after taking nitrous oxide will I feel its effects?
Nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, works quickly. Within a few minutes of inhaling nitrous oxide th...