How should I take nitrous oxide?

You will not need to be concerned about how to take nitrous oxide because it will be administered to you by trained healthcare professionals in a doctor's office or clinic.

Nitrous oxide is a sedative administered at a dental office, and is not a prescribed medication that you take on your own at home. A dentist may use nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, in combination with an oral medication to relax and slightly sedate an anxious or fearful patient during more difficult or lengthy dental procedures.

Continue Learning about Nitrous Oxide

Who should not receive nitrous oxide?
People who are extremely nervous about dental work and cannot be calmed by nitrous oxide should ...
Should I get nitrous oxide during dental treatments?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Some people may become anxious before dental treatment. Watch as Dr. Maria Lopez Howell explains...
What should I know about nitrous oxide before taking it?
With nitrous oxide, you will feel sedated but able to respond. In the small dose that is used fo...
Is the use of nitrous oxide safe for pregnant women?
The use of nitrous oxide in pregnant women is controversial, and it is preferable pregnant women not...