Is there a generic version of nitrous oxide?

Nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, is available to dentists and doctors as a generic sedative. It is not sold as a branded prescription for the public; it is a form of sedation that is only available to your dentist or another medical professional. Your dentist will have nitrous oxide as well as the equipment needed to mix it with oxygen and administer it safely to children and adults.   
Nitrous oxide is the name of the active ingredient of a gas for which there is not a brand name. It contains nitrogen and oxygen and is commonly abbreviated as N2O. It is also known by several other names, including laughing gas, dinitrogen monoxide and dinitrogen oxide.

Continue Learning about Nitrous Oxide

Should I receive nitrous oxide if I am pregnant?
If you are pregnant now or plan to get pregnant, you should not receive nitrous oxide without ta...
Who should not receive nitrous oxide?
People who are taking particular medications, including asthma and blood pressure prescriptions,...
Should I get nitrous oxide during dental treatments?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Some people may become anxious before dental treatment. Watch as Dr. Maria Lopez Howell explains...
What should I avoid while using nitrous oxide?
You don't have to change your routine too much before taking nitrous oxide, because it's a lower...