Should I talk to my doctor about my night terror symptoms?

Night terrors can be scary, but they usually aren't a matter of grave concern. If you hurt yourself or others, or if your sleep is chronically disturbed, then you should talk to your doctor. Your doctor may examine you and ask about your family medical history, sleep habits, and medications. In some cases, your doctor may refer you to a sleep lab for testing.

Continue Learning about Night Terrors

How are night terrors diagnosed?
You may remember having night terrors, but probably not. If you live with other people, they will pr...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with night terrors?
Night terrors may have a genetic cause, so if you had them, your child is at greater risk. If your c...
Are night terrors serious?
Night terrors are not typically serious. They are more common in children than adults, and they ...
Are night terrors a sleep disorder?
Night terrors are a sleep disorder where you open your eyes, yell, flail your arms, kick, and/or exp...