Should I talk to my doctor about my night terror symptoms?

Night terrors can be scary, but they usually aren't a matter of grave concern. If you hurt yourself or others, or if your sleep is chronically disturbed, then you should talk to your doctor. Your doctor may examine you and ask about your family medical history, sleep habits, and medications. In some cases, your doctor may refer you to a sleep lab for testing.

Continue Learning about Night Terrors

Are night terrors a sleep disorder?
Night terrors are a sleep disorder where you open your eyes, yell, flail your arms, kick, and/or exp...
What increases my risk for night terrors?
Children are at a higher risk for night terrors than adults are, though anyone can experience them. ...
What are night terrors?
Night terrors are events or episodes that usually occur in children in the middle of the night. Thes...
Is there a cure for night terrors?
There is no one cure for night terrors. Effective treatment will depend on the source of your proble...