What are the symptoms of night terrors?

During a night terror, you may open your eyes, yell, flail your arms, kick, sweat, and/or experience fear, all while you are asleep. You may sit up in bed, sleepwalk, or even run around during a night terror. You remain asleep during a night terror, and are unlikely to recall much about it in the morning.

Continue Learning about Night Terrors

Are night terrors a sleep disorder?
Night terrors are a sleep disorder where you open your eyes, yell, flail your arms, kick, and/or exp...
What increases my risk for night terrors?
Children are at a higher risk for night terrors than adults are, though anyone can experience them. ...
How do other illnesses affect night terrors?
Adults with a history of mental illness may be more likely to have night terrors. People with other ...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with night terrors?
Night terrors may have a genetic cause, so if you had them, your child is at greater risk. If your c...