How can I prevent my child's night terrors?

Because night terrors generally occur around the same time every night, wake
your child up about 15 to 30 minutes prior to the expected episode. This will break her sleep cycle and her body will jump into the next stage of sleep when the terrors don’t occur. Also, make sure your child is not overtired. Put her to bed a little earlier at night or make sure she gets a nap if she still needs one.
Mommy Calls: Dr. Tanya Answers Parents' Top 101 Questions About Babies and Toddlers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------The must-have resource for parents of children up to age three! Small enough to fit in a diaper bag, but big on...

Continue Learning about Night Terrors

Are there alternative treatments for night terrors?
The success of any treatment you use will depend on if you are treating the cause of your night terr...
How are night terrors diagnosed?
You may remember having night terrors, but probably not. If you live with other people, they will pr...
How are night terrors treated?
Night terrors is generally a benign condition that is not treated with medication or otherwise. If t...
How should I talk to my child's school about their night terrors?
Generally, night terrors are not serious for children. However, if your child's sleep is suffering d...