Should I see a doctor about my trigeminal neuralgia symptoms?

If you believe you are experiencing symptoms of trigeminal neuralgia, it is a good idea to see your doctor. There are several treatment options available and finding the right one will depend on a proper diagnosis. The sooner you start trying treatments, the sooner you may experience some relief. If necessary, your doctor may recommend that you see pain a specialist who can better assist you.

Continue Learning about Neuralgia

What type of doctor treats pudendal neuralgia?
Darshan N. Shah, MDDarshan N. Shah, MD
Pudendal neuralgia is a difficult condition to treat and so patients often require a comprehensive, ...
How many different types of neuralgia are there?
There are four main types of neuralgia. Most of them are named after the nerve they affect. Trigemin...
What is neuralgia?
Neuralgia is the medical term for nerve pain. There are several different types of neuralgia dependi...
How is trigeminal neuralgia treated?
Treatment options for TN include medicines, surgery and complementary approaches. Anticonvulsant me...