Should I see a doctor about my trigeminal neuralgia symptoms?

If you believe you are experiencing symptoms of trigeminal neuralgia, it is a good idea to see your doctor. There are several treatment options available and finding the right one will depend on a proper diagnosis. The sooner you start trying treatments, the sooner you may experience some relief. If necessary, your doctor may recommend that you see pain a specialist who can better assist you.

Continue Learning about Neuralgia

How many different types of neuralgia are there?
There are four main types of neuralgia. Most of them are named after the nerve they affect. Trigemin...
How is trigeminal neuralgia treated?
Sunrise Hospital & Medical CenterSunrise Hospital & Medical Center
Treatment options for trigeminal neuralgia include medications or surgeries.
Is there a cure for neuralgia?
If the cause of your neuralgia can be determined you may be able to fix it with surgery. For posther...
What is the most common type of neuralgia?
Postherpetic neuralgia is the most common type of neuralgia in the United States. Approximately 1 in...