Should I see a doctor about my neuralgia symptoms?

If you believe you are experiencing symptoms of neuralgia it is a good idea to see your doctor. There are several different types of neuralgia and finding the right treatment will depend on a proper diagnosis. There are often several different treatment options for each type of neuralgia as well so the sooner you start trying them, the sooner you may experience some relief. If necessary, your doctor may recommend that you see pain a specialist who can better assist you.

Continue Learning about Neuralgia

Is neuralgia life-threatening?
Neuralgia itself is not a life-threatening condition. However, it is sometimes the result of a tumor...
What is the most common type of neuralgia?
Postherpetic neuralgia is the most common type of neuralgia in the United States. Approximately 1 in...
What type of doctor treats pudendal neuralgia?
Darshan N. Shah, MDDarshan N. Shah, MD
Pudendal neuralgia is a difficult condition to treat and so patients often require a comprehensive, ...
What is trigeminal neuralgia?
Regional Medical Center Bayonet PointRegional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Trigeminal neuralgia is severe pain caused by compression of a nerve.