How can I manage my trigeminal neuralgia?

Managing your trigeminal neuralgia on a daily basis can be a difficult process. You will need to work closely with your doctor to find the right treatment plan, which may involve trying several options. When you find a treatment that works, it is important to stick to it. It is also important to let your doctor know if you experience any side effects or if your treatment seems to stop working. It may be necessary to make adjustments over time. Keep in mind that trigeminal neuralgia comes and goes. You might experience sudden pain after months without an incident.

Continue Learning about Neuralgia

How many different types of neuralgia are there?
There are four main types of neuralgia. Most of them are named after the nerve they affect. Trigemin...
What is neuralgia?
Neuralgia is the medical term for nerve pain. There are several different types of neuralgia dependi...
Can neuralgia clear up without any treatment?
It is possible for some types of neuralgia to clear up without any treatment but it isn't likely. In...
What is trigeminal neuralgia?
Regional Medical Center Bayonet PointRegional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Trigeminal neuralgia is severe pain caused by compression of a nerve.