How can I manage my trigeminal neuralgia?

Managing your trigeminal neuralgia on a daily basis can be a difficult process. You will need to work closely with your doctor to find the right treatment plan, which may involve trying several options. When you find a treatment that works, it is important to stick to it. It is also important to let your doctor know if you experience any side effects or if your treatment seems to stop working. It may be necessary to make adjustments over time. Keep in mind that trigeminal neuralgia comes and goes. You might experience sudden pain after months without an incident.

Continue Learning about Neuralgia

How does neuralgia affect the body?
The cause of neuralgia can't always be determined but it is often the result of a malfunctioning ner...
What is the most common type of neuralgia?
Postherpetic neuralgia is the most common type of neuralgia in the United States. Approximately 1 in...
How do I care for someone with neuralgia?
There isn't always much you can do to care for someone with neuralgia. Your main responsibility will...
Is neuralgia life-threatening?
Neuralgia itself is not a life-threatening condition. However, it is sometimes the result of a tumor...