How do I manage my neuralgia on a daily basis?

Managing your neuralgia on a daily basis can be a difficult process. You will need to work closely with your doctor to get a proper diagnosis and find the right treatment plan. That may involve trying several different options. When you find one that works it's important to stick to it. It's also important to let your doctor know if you experience any side effects or if your treatment seems to stop working. It may be necessary to make adjustments over time. Keep in mind that most types of neuralgia come and go. You might experience sudden pain after months without an incident.

Continue Learning about Neuralgia

How many different types of neuralgia are there?
There are four main types of neuralgia. Most of them are named after the nerve they affect. Trigemin...
Is there a cure for neuralgia?
If the cause of your neuralgia can be determined you may be able to fix it with surgery. For posther...
How do I care for someone with neuralgia?
There isn't always much you can do to care for someone with neuralgia. Your main responsibility will...
What is the most common type of neuralgia?
Postherpetic neuralgia is the most common type of neuralgia in the United States. Approximately 1 in...