How do I care for someone with trigeminal neuralgia?

There is not always much you can for someone with trigeminal neuralgia. Your main responsibility will be making sure they stick to their treatment plan and to communicate with their doctor if they are unable to do so themselves. Other than that, the best thing you can do is provide support and encouragement. Keep in mind that the pain caused by trigeminal neuralgia can be debilitating, and people who suffer from the condition often live in fear of an oncoming attack.

Continue Learning about Neuralgia

How do I care for someone with neuralgia?
There isn't always much you can do to care for someone with neuralgia. Your main responsibility will...
Is there a cure for neuralgia?
If the cause of your neuralgia can be determined you may be able to fix it with surgery. For posther...
How does neuralgia affect the body?
The cause of neuralgia can't always be determined but it is often the result of a malfunctioning ner...
How is trigeminal neuralgia treated?
Sunrise Hospital & Medical CenterSunrise Hospital & Medical Center
Treatment options for trigeminal neuralgia include medications or surgeries.