How do I care for someone with postherpetic neuralgia?

There is not always much to do for someone with postherpetic neuralgia. Your main responsibility will be making sure they stick to their treatment plan and communicate with their doctor if they are unable to do so themselves. Your level of responsibility will also depend on their level of pain. For some people, the pain of postherpetic neuralgia can be debilitating, which means you may also have to help them perform simple daily tasks like getting dressed and eating.

Continue Learning about Neuralgia

How do I care for someone with neuralgia?
There isn't always much you can do to care for someone with neuralgia. Your main responsibility will...
How many different types of neuralgia are there?
There are four main types of neuralgia. Most of them are named after the nerve they affect. Trigemin...
Is there a cure for neuralgia?
If the cause of your neuralgia can be determined you may be able to fix it with surgery. For posther...
How does neuralgia affect the body?
The cause of neuralgia can't always be determined but it is often the result of a malfunctioning ner...