Can trigeminal neuralgia be prevented?

You cannot prevent trigeminal neuralgia. The cause cannot always be determined, making the condition hard to understand and prevent. Even when the cause is known, it is not predictable or controllable. However, you can talk to your doctor about treatment options to help manage the pain.

Continue Learning about Neuralgia

Is there a cure for neuralgia?
If the cause of your neuralgia can be determined you may be able to fix it with surgery. For posther...
What is neuralgia?
Neuralgia is the medical term for nerve pain. There are several different types of neuralgia dependi...
How do I care for someone with neuralgia?
There isn't always much you can do to care for someone with neuralgia. Your main responsibility will...
How is trigeminal neuralgia treated?
Treatment options for TN include medicines, surgery and complementary approaches. Anticonvulsant me...