How much neuromotor exercise should I do if I have a sedentary lifestyle?

Neuromotor exercise is important to minimize the effects of a sedentary lifestyle.
  • Neuromotor exercise (sometimes also called “functional fitness training”) is recommended for two or three days per week.
  • Exercises should involve motor skills (balance, agility, coordination and gait), proprioceptive exercise training and multifaceted activities (tai chi and yoga) to improve physical function and prevent falls, particularly in older adults.
  • 20 to 30 minutes per day is appropriate for neuromotor exercise.

Continue Learning about Nerves

What are nerve conduction studies?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
If the doctor thinks you might have nerve damage, you may have nerve conduction tests that look ...
What are nerves?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Nerves are special cells that carry lightning-fast electrical messages throughout the body. The spin...
What is a pinched nerve?
The term "pinched nerve" describes one type of damage or injury to a nerve or a set of nerves. The i...
What are cranial nerves?
Regional Medical Center Bayonet PointRegional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Cranial nerves are the pairs of nerves that control vision, smell, eye movement, sensation in the fa...