How much neuromotor exercise should I do if I have a sedentary lifestyle?

Neuromotor exercise is important to minimize the effects of a sedentary lifestyle.
  • Neuromotor exercise (sometimes also called “functional fitness training”) is recommended for two or three days per week.
  • Exercises should involve motor skills (balance, agility, coordination and gait), proprioceptive exercise training and multifaceted activities (tai chi and yoga) to improve physical function and prevent falls, particularly in older adults.
  • 20 to 30 minutes per day is appropriate for neuromotor exercise.

Continue Learning about Nerves

What causes numbness in my fingers?
There are motor-type nerves that connect your brain to your muscles and send a signal from the brain...
What are the symptoms of peripheral nerve damage?
Symptoms are related to the type of the nerve affected and may be seen over a period of days, weeks ...
How is back pain associated with nerve damage treated?
Ryan Church, DNPRyan Church, DNP
Medications are one of several treatments that can be used to address back pain associated with nerv...
What causes cranial nerve compression?
Regional Medical Center Bayonet PointRegional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Cranial nerves become compressed when a blood vessel puts pressure on it, resulting in severe pain i...