What are nerve conduction studies?

If the doctor thinks you might have nerve damage, you may have nerve conduction tests that look at how well the nerves in your arms and legs are working. Nerve conduction studies check the speed with which nerves send messages. An electromyography (EMG) checks how your nerves and muscles work together.

Continue Learning about Nerves

What are peripheral nerves?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
Peripheral nerves extend in a vast and intricate web beyond the spinal cord and nerve roots to t...
What is the vagus nerve?
The vagus is a long, wandering nerve that spends most of its time updating your brain on the goi...
Why does it tingle when I hit my funny bone or the inside of my elbow?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
When nerves are damaged or irritated, they cause a tingling sensation along the distribution of ...
What causes cranial nerve compression?
Regional Medical Center Bayonet PointRegional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Cranial nerves become compressed when a blood vessel puts pressure on it, resulting in severe pain i...