Can electrical equipment interfere with my VNS pulse generator?

Airport security systems, microwave ovens and cellular phones typically do not interfere with the function of the pulse generator for vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) therapy. Travelers are wise, however, to carry an ID card indicating they're VNS patients in case of any concern or hassle by security personnel.

Continue Learning about Nerves

What is the facial nerve?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The facial nerve is the seventh (VII) of 12 nerves that presents from the brainstem that controls fa...
How is back pain associated with nerve damage treated?
Daniel R. Spogen, MDDaniel R. Spogen, MD
When back pain is associated with nerve damage the pain can be treated temporarily by an epidural in...
How much neuromotor exercise should I do if I have a sedentary lifestyle?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Neuromotor exercise is important to minimize the effects of a sedentary lifestyle. Neuromotor ex...
What is the vagus nerve?
The vagus is a long, wandering nerve that spends most of its time updating your brain on the goi...