Can electrical equipment interfere with my VNS pulse generator?

Airport security systems, microwave ovens and cellular phones typically do not interfere with the function of the pulse generator for vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) therapy. Travelers are wise, however, to carry an ID card indicating they're VNS patients in case of any concern or hassle by security personnel.

Continue Learning about Nerves

What are peripheral nerves?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
Peripheral nerves extend in a vast and intricate web beyond the spinal cord and nerve roots to t...
What is the facial nerve?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Also called the seventh cranial nerve, this nerve controls most of the muscles in the face. After it...
What is the median nerve?
The median nerve runs down the front of your lower arm (forearm) to your wrist. It helps control fee...
How much neuromotor exercise should I do if I have a sedentary lifestyle?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Neuromotor exercise is important to minimize the effects of a sedentary lifestyle. Neuromotor ex...