What is nerve gas poisoning?

Nerve gases include a variety of chemical agents that are known to affect the human nervous system. Nerve gases are generally vaporous and induce poisoning through inhalation. However, some nerve toxins are found in oily liquids that enter the body through the skin or mucus membranes. Regardless of the method of exposure, nerve gas poisoning refers to the ingestion of toxic levels of any of the chemicals categorized as nerve gases.

Continue Learning about Nerve Gas Poisoning

How do medications treat nerve gas poisoning?
Nerve gas poisoning occurs when nerve gases enter the body and interfere with cell respiration, depr...
How do I care for someone with nerve gas poisoning?
Always assist the person in seeking medical care if there has been exposure to nerve gas. Initia...
Is nerve gas poisoning fatal?
Whether nerve gas poisoning is fatal depends on several factors. One important factor is the type of...
How can I prevent nerve gas poisoning?
You may not be able to prevent nerve gas poisoning, but in the unlikely event that you are exposed t...