What causes nerve gas poisoning?

Exposure to chemical agents that affect the human nervous system causes nerve gas poisoning. Levels and duration of exposure and the type of chemical determine the severity of the effects. Chemical agents known to negatively affect the human nervous system include organophosphate pesticides, tabun, sarin, soman, and animal - based toxins.

Continue Learning about Nerve Gas Poisoning

How does nerve gas poisoning affect the body?
Nerve gas poisoning interferes with cell respiration and the breakdown of acetylcholine, which regul...
What drugs are used to treat nerve gas poisoning?
Nerve gas poisoning can be treated with drugs before and after exposure. Some drugs, such as pyridos...
Who can I talk to if I'm worried about nerve gas poisoning?
Nerve gas poisoning most often occurs among military personnel in instances of chemical warfare. Civ...
What are the disadvantages of nerve gas poisoning treatment?
Nerve gas poisoning is generally treated with atropine, diazepam, and a class of drugs known as oxim...