What are treatment options for nerve gas poisoning?

Nerve gas poisoning can be treated before or after exposure. Before exposure, you can take drugs such as pyridostigmine bromide every eight hours until the threat is past. This particular drug and others like it, however, are not helpful post exposure and should be discontinued once you are exposed to nerve gas. Post exposure treatment may include a combination of decontamination by soap and water and nerve gas antidotes such as atropine and diazepam.

Continue Learning about Nerve Gas Poisoning

How can I prevent nerve gas poisoning?
You may not be able to prevent nerve gas poisoning, but in the unlikely event that you are exposed t...
Who can I talk to if I'm worried about nerve gas poisoning?
Nerve gas poisoning most often occurs among military personnel in instances of chemical warfare. Civ...
What are the disadvantages of nerve gas poisoning treatment?
Nerve gas poisoning is generally treated with atropine, diazepam, and a class of drugs known as oxim...
How do I care for someone with nerve gas poisoning?
Always assist the person in seeking medical care if there has been exposure to nerve gas. Initia...