What are the long-term effects of nerve gas poisoning?

Nerve gas poisoning may require months of recovery time and consistent drug treatment for some symptoms to disappear. There may be long-term or permanent neurological and behavioral effects. Also, it is possible to suffer permanent severe nerve or brain damage.

Continue Learning about Nerve Gas Poisoning

How does nerve gas poisoning affect the body?
Nerve gas poisoning interferes with cell respiration and the breakdown of acetylcholine, which regul...
What are treatment options for nerve gas poisoning?
Nerve gas poisoning can be treated before or after exposure. Before exposure, you can take drugs suc...
Who can I talk to if I'm worried about nerve gas poisoning?
Nerve gas poisoning most often occurs among military personnel in instances of chemical warfare. Civ...
What causes nerve gas poisoning?
Exposure to chemical agents that affect the human nervous system causes nerve gas poisoning. Levels ...