How can I prevent nerve gas poisoning?

You may not be able to prevent nerve gas poisoning, but in the unlikely event that you are exposed to toxic levels of nerve gas, there are several ways to lessen the effects. If you are outside at the time of exposure, go indoors, seal all entrances and exits, and turn off the air conditioner. Go to the highest floor of your building and close the doors and windows. You should remove your clothing and place it in a sealed container, and wash your body with soap and lots of water from head to toe. Do not scrub your skin because you could make tiny cuts that may absorb the nerve gas.

Continue Learning about Nerve Gas Poisoning

Who can I talk to if I'm worried about nerve gas poisoning?
Nerve gas poisoning most often occurs among military personnel in instances of chemical warfare. Civ...
How do chemicals work to cause nerve gas poisoning?
Nerve gas poisoning is caused by chemicals that damage the nervous system in particular ways. Chemic...
How can I manage the daily effects of nerve gas poisoning?
Nerve gas poisoning can occur after the unlikely instance of exposure to a high amount of nerve gas....
What are the symptoms of nerve gas poisoning?
Nerve gas poisoning has adverse effects on the central nervous, respiratory, cardiovascular, gastroi...