Does the amount of exposure affect nerve gas poisoning symptoms?

The level and duration of exposure to nerve gas determines the severity of resulting symptoms and effects. In low amounts, with a short duration of exposure, symptoms include irritation of the eyes and nose. Your vision may be blurry or dim and you may have a headache. Higher doses and longer duration may cause painful breathing and coughing, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea, and uncontrolled muscle movements.

Continue Learning about Nerve Gas Poisoning

What is nerve gas poisoning?
Nerve gases include a variety of chemical agents that are known to affect the human nervous system. ...
How does nerve gas poisoning affect the body?
Nerve gas poisoning interferes with cell respiration and the breakdown of acetylcholine, which regul...
What drugs are used to treat nerve gas poisoning?
Nerve gas poisoning can be treated with drugs before and after exposure. Some drugs, such as pyridos...
Who can I talk to if I'm worried about nerve gas poisoning?
Nerve gas poisoning most often occurs among military personnel in instances of chemical warfare. Civ...