Are there alternative treatments for nerve gas poisoning?

Nerve gas poisoning is typically treated by pre- and post-exposure antidote drugs such as pyridostigmine bromide, atropine, and diazepam. An alternative to drug treatment includes avoidance of exposure, which can be accomplished if you know of the threat beforehand. If you have access, you can wear protective clothing and equipment such as gas masks and semi permeable carbon clothing. You can go indoors, seal all windows and doors, turn off the air conditioner, and seek the highest level of your building. You should also decontaminate yourself by removing and sealing all non protective clothing and washing with lots of soap and water from head to toe.

Continue Learning about Nerve Gas Poisoning

How do I care for someone with nerve gas poisoning?
Always assist the person in seeking medical care if there has been exposure to nerve gas. Initia...
Is nerve gas poisoning fatal?
Whether nerve gas poisoning is fatal depends on several factors. One important factor is the type of...
How can I prevent nerve gas poisoning?
You may not be able to prevent nerve gas poisoning, but in the unlikely event that you are exposed t...
Does the amount of exposure affect nerve gas poisoning symptoms?
The level and duration of exposure to nerve gas determines the severity of resulting symptoms and ef...