Are there alternative treatments for nerve gas poisoning?

Nerve gas poisoning is typically treated by pre- and post-exposure antidote drugs such as pyridostigmine bromide, atropine, and diazepam. An alternative to drug treatment includes avoidance of exposure, which can be accomplished if you know of the threat beforehand. If you have access, you can wear protective clothing and equipment such as gas masks and semi permeable carbon clothing. You can go indoors, seal all windows and doors, turn off the air conditioner, and seek the highest level of your building. You should also decontaminate yourself by removing and sealing all non protective clothing and washing with lots of soap and water from head to toe.

Continue Learning about Nerve Gas Poisoning

How can I manage the daily effects of nerve gas poisoning?
Nerve gas poisoning can occur after the unlikely instance of exposure to a high amount of nerve gas....
What are the symptoms of nerve gas poisoning?
Nerve gas poisoning has adverse effects on the central nervous, respiratory, cardiovascular, gastroi...
Is nerve gas poisoning fatal?
Whether nerve gas poisoning is fatal depends on several factors. One important factor is the type of...
Who can I talk to if I'm worried about nerve gas poisoning?
Nerve gas poisoning most often occurs among military personnel in instances of chemical warfare. Civ...