When should I talk to my doctor about neck pain?

You should talk to your doctor about neck pain if your neck pain is:

• Getting worse
  • Not going away after a couple days
  • Associated with fevers or chills
  • Radiating down your arms
  • Associated with weakness, numbness or night pain
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Healthcare Specialist

You should talk to your doctor about neck pain when:

• You have mild, neck pain that persists for 3 or 4 days after self-treatment
  • Neck pain or arm pain is severe
  • Neck pain or neck and arm pain that goes away for short periods but keeps coming back
  • New or unexplained symptoms appear
Diet for a Pain-Free Life: A Revolutionary Plan to Lose Weight, Stop Pain, Sleep Better and Feel Great in 21 Days, ADA...sound nutritional advice...do-able, delicious..a godsend to pain sufferers.

Do you wake up each morning aching with joint or muscle pain? Have you been trying to lose stubborn belly fat for years? Do you wish you could be active without pain medications? Look no further: Diet for a Pain-Free Life is the simple-to-follow, doctor-designed solution to improve your health. Leading rheumatologist, Dr. Harris McIlwain shares his revolutionary prescriptions in this first proven lifestyle plan that will help you drop pounds and decrease pain at the same time. Losing just 10 pounds can reduce chronic pain by as much as 90 percent. Learn the secrets of how to: Eat Well and Lose Weight with the Pain-Free Diet—even if you've never been able to succeed on a diet before Exercise Your Pain Away—even if you dislike traditional exercise, or if your pain makes movement difficult Stop the Stress-Pain Connection—even if you're overworked and easily stressed Improve the Quality of Your Sleep—even if you suffer from insomnia or other sleep conditions Those who have followed Dr. McIlwain's program have been able to resume the activities they love and transform their lives in as few as 21 days—now you can too.

Continue Learning about Neck Pain

3 Tricks for Ending Neck Pain
3 Tricks for Ending Neck Pain
Pain in the neck is, well, a pain in the neck. And some two-thirds of us will suffer from it at some point, says orthopedic spine surgeon Samuel Cho, ...
How can computer work cause neck pain and headaches?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
Gravity is the biggest culprit at sedentary jobs that require a lot of computer work. Because the ar...
What causes neck pain?
Neck pain may come from a spasm, or when your neck muscles tense up. It's  fancy medical name is tor...
How Can I Help Prevent Neck Pain?
How Can I Help Prevent Neck Pain?