Why is my neck very stiff if I have been experiencing shoulder pain?

Your neck and shoulders share muscles that control both joints. So it is not uncommon to have pain in your neck if you have shoulder issues. If the pain does not subside in a day or two, see a licensed healthcare provider who will look for any possible underlying causes.

Continue Learning about Neck Pain

Tablets Linked to Shoulder and Neck Pain
You love your tablet, don't you? With a screen larger than a smartphone yet smaller than a laptop, it's the perfect tool for checking e-mail, watching...
What are the possible effects of letting neck pain go untreated?
Matthew F. McCarty, MDMatthew F. McCarty, MD
Most neck pain is self-limited. That means it will likely go away in several days to a week with res...
How can I correct forward-head posture to relieve neck pain and headaches?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
Learning which behaviors trigger the head to move forward and either modifying those behaviors o...
Relieve Neck Pain
Relieve Neck Pain