Why is my neck very stiff if I have been experiencing shoulder pain?

Your neck and shoulders share muscles that control both joints. So it is not uncommon to have pain in your neck if you have shoulder issues. If the pain does not subside in a day or two, see a licensed healthcare provider who will look for any possible underlying causes.

Continue Learning about Neck Pain

3 Tricks for Ending Neck Pain
3 Tricks for Ending Neck Pain
Pain in the neck is, well, a pain in the neck. And some two-thirds of us will suffer from it at some point, says orthopedic spine surgeon Samuel Cho, ...
When should I talk to my doctor about neck pain?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
You should talk to your doctor about neck pain if your neck pain is: Getting worse Not going awa...
How can shoulder problems cause neck pain and headaches?
Ms. Karena WuMs. Karena Wu
Shoulder problems can cause neck pain and headaches because the shoulder and neck share the same mus...
How to End Neck Pain
How to End Neck Pain