Why do my neck and/or shoulders hurt after eating?

Dr. Allen B. Bonilla
Chiropractic Medicine
For any complaint of this nature it is important to have a thorough exam by a trained professional. In this case the exam would focus on determining whether your problem stems from somatic conditions (of the body) or visceral (organ) conditions. The problem can be as simple as poor sitting position causing a cervical (neck) strain or can signal a more serious problem such as a gallbladder problem. 

Continue Learning about Neck Pain

How to Undo Neck Pain
How to Undo Neck Pain
In this age of constant digital connection and late-night scrolling, you may be no stranger to neck pain. Beyond reducing your screen time, here's wha...
How can sleeping on my side cause neck pain?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
When you lie on your side, your top shoulder and arm will drop to the bed, pulling your shoulder bla...
How can I prevent neck pain when I stay still for a long time?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
A common complaint relates to neck pain caused by prolonged positioning, most often from using t...
Is Your iPad a Pain in the Neck?
Is Your iPad a Pain in the Neck?