How can I help prevent neck pain?

Steven Shoshany, DC
Chiropractic Medicine

A few simple steps can help prevent annoying neck pain. In this video, chiropractor and pain management specialist Steven Shoshany gives some of his favorite tips.

Ms. Karena Wu
Physical Therapy

To prevent neck pain, you need to stretch and strengthen around the neck and shoulder joints. In this video, physical therapist Karena Wu discusses how pain originates in the neck, and she demonstrates a stretch that can help prevent neck pain.

Continue Learning about Neck Pain

3 Tricks for Ending Neck Pain
3 Tricks for Ending Neck Pain
Pain in the neck is, well, a pain in the neck. And some two-thirds of us will suffer from it at some point, says orthopedic spine surgeon Samuel Cho, ...
What are the possible effects of letting neck pain go untreated?
Matthew F. McCarty, MDMatthew F. McCarty, MD
Most neck pain is self-limited. That means it will likely go away in several days to a week with res...
How can depressed shoulders cause neck pain and headaches?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
The most common problem with shoulder blades is that they sit too low on the trunk. This is refe...
How Can I Help Prevent Neck Pain?
How Can I Help Prevent Neck Pain?