If I suffer a neck injury during sports, am I likely to get injured again?

You may be more likely to hurt your neck again if you go back to play too soon. If poor playing methods helped cause the first injury and they are not corrected, another injury is more likely.

(This answer provided for NATA by the University of Alabama Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Neck Injury

Why is any neck injury considered serious?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The neck contains many bones, nerves, and ligaments. These protect the spinal cord and help the ...
What can I do to help prevent neck injuries in football?
Collars can be added to shoulder pads to help prevent neck injuries, but they only decrease one ...
What should I do if I think a person has a neck injury?
The first step is to stabilize the neck by holding the head on either side. At the same time, an...
What are the symptoms of a stinger injury?
Common symptoms of a stinger include burning, numbness, tingling, loss of the sense of touch, an...