If I suffer a neck injury during sports, am I likely to get injured again?

You may be more likely to hurt your neck again if you go back to play too soon. If poor playing methods helped cause the first injury and they are not corrected, another injury is more likely.

(This answer provided for NATA by the University of Alabama Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Neck Injury

What should I do if I think a person has a neck injury?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The first step is to stabilize the neck by holding the head on either side. At the same time, an...
Why is any neck injury considered serious?
The neck contains many bones, nerves, and ligaments. These protect the spinal cord and help the ...
What is torticollis (wryneck)?
Torticollis, also called wryneck, is a condition that causes short, tight neck muscles. Shortened ne...
Does poor posture increase the risk for neck injuries?
Poor posture may increase the risk of neck injury. Bad posture can cause some muscles to get sho...