How do I manage my whiplash on a daily basis?

Whiplash, like other neck pain, is usually caused by straining the muscles or ligaments in the neck. Managing the pain in those muscles and ligaments is the biggest aspect of daily life if you have whiplash, but over-the-counter pain relievers usually help. As you heal, exercises can help strengthen the neck and prevent some pain from returning. Often, the pain is resolved within a few weeks after the injury occurs. Occasionally, the pain will return long after that - if so, call your doctor to ensure further injury hasn't occurred.

Continue Learning about Neck Injury

If I suffer a neck injury during sports, am I likely to get injured again?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
You may be more likely to hurt your neck again if you go back to play too soon. If poor playing ...
How do medications treat whiplash?
Over-the-counter medication like nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) relieve pain that is ...
How much force would it take to break the neck?
The amount of force needed to break a neck bone is different from person to person. It also depe...
Should I remove a football player's equipment if he may have a neck injury?
Only the face mask should be removed when a football player is thought to have a neck injury. Ta...