How do I manage my whiplash on a daily basis?

Whiplash, like other neck pain, is usually caused by straining the muscles or ligaments in the neck. Managing the pain in those muscles and ligaments is the biggest aspect of daily life if you have whiplash, but over-the-counter pain relievers usually help. As you heal, exercises can help strengthen the neck and prevent some pain from returning. Often, the pain is resolved within a few weeks after the injury occurs. Occasionally, the pain will return long after that - if so, call your doctor to ensure further injury hasn't occurred.

Continue Learning about Neck Injury

Does poor posture increase the risk for neck injuries?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Poor posture may increase the risk of neck injury. Bad posture can cause some muscles to get sho...
What increases my risk for whiplash?
Certain activities and events are more likely to strain your neck muscles and ligaments, which can r...
What should I do if I think I might have whiplash?
It is a good idea to see a doctor if you believe you have a whiplash injury. The doctor can carefull...
Where does the neck usually break?
The fifth bone is the most commonly broken vertebra. Injuries to the first through fifth bones i...