Should I talk to my doctor about my whiplash symptoms?

If you have a mild case of whiplash that goes away within a few days, you probably do not need to talk to your doctor. However, if the pain is terrible or reappears, you should see your doctor about your whiplash. In addition, should your whiplash pain move from your neck to another part of your body - like your shoulders or arms - see a physician. Your doctor will able to check for additional problems, as well as provide pain relief.

Continue Learning about Neck Injury

How is whiplash treated?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Treatment for whiplash includes rest and ice. Once the pain has subsided, exercises can improve neck...
How much force would it take to break the neck?
The amount of force needed to break a neck bone is different from person to person. It also depe...
If a person is unconscious, does that mean he has a neck injury?
Head and neck injuries are always assumed if a patient is unconscious. When this happens, the fi...
What is whiplash?
Riverside Emergency and Trauma CenterRiverside Emergency and Trauma Center
Whiplash-a soft tissue injury to the neck-is also called neck sprain or neck strain. It is character...