Should I talk to my doctor about my whiplash symptoms?

If you have a mild case of whiplash that goes away within a few days, you probably do not need to talk to your doctor. However, if the pain is terrible or reappears, you should see your doctor about your whiplash. In addition, should your whiplash pain move from your neck to another part of your body - like your shoulders or arms - see a physician. Your doctor will able to check for additional problems, as well as provide pain relief.

Continue Learning about Neck Injury

What is whiplash?
Whiplash is an injury to the neck. Muscles, ligaments, and other tissues in your neck normally move ...
Can neck injuries cause problems with breathing?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The patient may have trouble breathing if the neck injury is at the first through fifth vertebra...
Should I remove a football player's equipment if he may have a neck injury?
Only the face mask should be removed when a football player is thought to have a neck injury. Ta...
What are the symptoms of a stinger injury?
Common symptoms of a stinger include burning, numbness, tingling, loss of the sense of touch, an...