What is the history of Naturopathy?

Naturopathy originated in Germany in the late 19th century and was first practiced in the United States shortly thereafter. The word naturopathy is of Greek and Latin origin and means &qtos;nature disease.&qtos; Benedict Lust was a German immigrant who founded the American School of Naturopathy in 1902. Naturopathy is a holistic treatment that focuses on healthy lifestyle and prevention.

Continue Learning about Naturopathy

Cure Your Cough with a Spoonful of Honey
If you told our Stone Age relatives to “mind your own beeswax,” they could have done just that, say researchers from the UK’s University of Bristol. T...
What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy, or naturopathic medicine, is an alternative health practice that uses all-natural remed...
Should I ask my family doctor for a referral to a naturopath?
Some general practitioners may be skeptical of naturopathy. If conventional medicine is not meeting ...
What Is a Naturopathic Doctor?
What Is a Naturopathic Doctor?