What is the history of Naturopathy?

Naturopathy originated in Germany in the late 19th century and was first practiced in the United States shortly thereafter. The word naturopathy is of Greek and Latin origin and means &qtos;nature disease.&qtos; Benedict Lust was a German immigrant who founded the American School of Naturopathy in 1902. Naturopathy is a holistic treatment that focuses on healthy lifestyle and prevention.

Continue Learning about Naturopathy

Cure Your Cough with a Spoonful of Honey
If you told our Stone Age relatives to “mind your own beeswax,” they could have done just that, say researchers from the UK’s University of Bristol. T...
How is naturopathic medicine performed?
Dr. Christopher Maloney, NDDr. Christopher Maloney, ND
We begin with a person, not a disease process. We also begin with a different series of assumptions ...
When should I consult with a doctor of naturopathy?
The most effective use of an N.D. is prior to becoming ill. While most of my patients see me after t...
What Is Emu Oil?
What Is Emu Oil?