Can a naturopath give prenatal care and deliver a baby?

Naturopaths can provide some form of prenatal care. A naturopath may be helpful for nutritional and dietary advice. Gentle exercise or massage are options. A naturopath is usually not an obstetrician or gynecologist and you should continue to see your other health care providers, especially if you have a high-risk pregnancy. A naturopath may be able to assist you with natural childbirth options. Bear in mind that some states do not allow naturopathic physicians to assist in childbirth.

Continue Learning about Naturopathy

Cure Your Cough with a Spoonful of Honey
If you told our Stone Age relatives to “mind your own beeswax,” they could have done just that, say researchers from the UK’s University of Bristol. T...
Should I take my child to a naturopath?
Dr. Christopher Maloney, NDDr. Christopher Maloney, ND
If your child has any sort of chronic condition, then they may benefit from early lifestyle and nutr...
What are the risks of naturopathy?
You should be aware that naturopathy cannot substitute for conventional medical care. So be sure to ...
What Are the Healthy Benefits of Coconut Oil?