Is naturopathy scientifically proven?

Some aspects of naturopathy are considered controversial and have not been proven scientifically. Naturopathy is not as regulated as conventional medicine. Some practices and beliefs are held in disregard by the conventional community. For instance, some naturopaths do not believe in vaccinations. Some treatments, such as homeopathic remedies, have not been scientifically proven to be effective.

Continue Learning about Naturopathy

Cure Your Cough with a Spoonful of Honey
If you told our Stone Age relatives to “mind your own beeswax,” they could have done just that, say researchers from the UK’s University of Bristol. T...
Is naturopathy safe?
Dr. Christopher Maloney, NDDr. Christopher Maloney, ND
N.D.s take the oath of "do no harm" very seriously, and will attempt to use lifestyle and nutritiona...
Can a naturopath give prenatal care and deliver a baby?
Naturopaths can provide some form of prenatal care. A naturopath may be helpful for nutritional and ...
How Can I Treat a Muscle Strain?
How Can I Treat a Muscle Strain?