How does naturopathy affect the body?

Naturopathy is a holistic medical system that focuses on physical, mental, and emotional health. Naturopathy is less invasive than some conventional treatments, such as some prescription drugs and their side effects. Doctors of conventional medicine have some concerns about naturopathy, however---some naturopathic diets, for example, have a potential to be harmful.

A naturopath seeks to use your body's own healing properties. Natural products, such as herbs and vitamins, are prescribed to build immunity, and exercise to make your body strong.

Continue Learning about Naturopathy

Cure Your Cough with a Spoonful of Honey
If you told our Stone Age relatives to “mind your own beeswax,” they could have done just that, say researchers from the UK’s University of Bristol. T...
Should I stop seeing my family doctor if I go to a naturopath?
You should still see your family physician for any serious health problems. Naturopathy can be a val...
Is naturopathy a holistic treatment, and what does that mean?
Naturopathy is an alternative medicine that focuses on holistic and natural healing. Holistic medici...
What Are the Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar?