How is naturopathic medicine performed?

Dr. Christopher Maloney, ND
Naturopathic Medicine
We begin with a person, not a disease process. We also begin with a different series of assumptions about the person and the body. Our goal is to treat the cause, not the symptoms. In finding that cause, we will educate patients about their bodies. Beyond the philosophy, the Naturopathic visit will progress much the same as a conventional practice: history, discussion of treatment options, labs, and referrals to other practitioners. Treatments will cover a wider range of therapies beyond pharmaceuticals.

Continue Learning about Naturopathy

Cure Your Cough with a Spoonful of Honey
If you told our Stone Age relatives to “mind your own beeswax,” they could have done just that, say researchers from the UK’s University of Bristol. T...
Should I ask my family doctor for a referral to a naturopath?
Some general practitioners may be skeptical of naturopathy. If conventional medicine is not meeting ...
What are the possible benefits of naturopathic medicine?
Dr. Christopher Maloney, NDDr. Christopher Maloney, ND
Anyone who wants to know the scientific evidence supporting Naturopathic Medicine can skim the sixty...
What Are the Healthy Benefits of Coconut Oil?