Why is my body's well-being extremely important?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

Since you are inseparable from your body, its well-being is extremely relevant. Those of you who insist that the body is merely a superficial, ephemeral shell, need to come to grips with the fact that it is through the material world that the spiritual expresses itself. Your body, mind, and spirit are inextricably connected - to the extent that it is nearly impossible to precisely delineate exactly where one ends and the other begins. Many of your emotions are determined by biological factors, and what you think or feel has a direct impact on your physical health.

It is both your obligation and your privilege to care for your body. Keeping it strong, fit, and agile is one of the most important things you can do for yourself and those you love, especially if you are a caregiver. But, when we neglect ourselves, we become exhausted and worn out and are actually less capable of effectively caring for those we love.

So, the next time you think that taking an hour to exercise or get a massage is being selfish, think again. You need to be your best self so you can share that self with others. Your health impacts directly how you feel about yourself and indirectly how you feel about everyone else. If you have low energy or chronic pain or are suffering from some debilitating disease, then your ability to function on every level will be affected.

Continue Learning about Natural Wellness Techniques & Treatments

What can I do to alleviate physical problems?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Adopting the following measures can help alleviate physical problems:Wellness strategies such as eat...
Why is it so important to remove toxins from my body?
Pam GroutPam Grout
Once you rid your body of all the toxins, it can go to work better processing food. The other traged...
How can I practice living in the moment?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
Just be, and enjoy life. Understand that who you are is not dependent on what you do, what you h...
Is It Safe to Take Natural Remedies with Conventional Medications?