What is colon therapy?

Colon therapists believed that waste material on the walls of the intestine are toxic and may be absorbed into the bloodstream, producing disease. In colon therapy, the large intestine, or colon, is cleansed with water, or water mixed with herbs or enzymes. This detoxification therapy lasts about an hour and uses 20 or more gallons of water.

Continue Learning about Natural Wellness Techniques & Treatments

How can I detoxify my liver naturally?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
To detoxify your liver naturally, eating dandelion greens can be a huge help in establishing long-te...
Why is it so important to remove toxins from my body?
Pam GroutPam Grout
Once you rid your body of all the toxins, it can go to work better processing food. The other traged...
What is the best way to detoxify my body?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
When putting your cleansing or detox diet into action, do the following: 1. Sleep: Aim to get as ...
Is It Safe to Take Natural Remedies with Conventional Medications?