What is colon therapy?

Colon therapists believed that waste material on the walls of the intestine are toxic and may be absorbed into the bloodstream, producing disease. In colon therapy, the large intestine, or colon, is cleansed with water, or water mixed with herbs or enzymes. This detoxification therapy lasts about an hour and uses 20 or more gallons of water.

Continue Learning about Natural Wellness Techniques & Treatments

What is the "SMART" approach to lifestyle changes?
Kenneth Johnson, NASM Elite TrainerKenneth Johnson, NASM Elite Trainer
The SMART approach focuses on the behavioral goals to get to the lifestyle outcome you desire, not o...
How can acceptance help me move forward in life?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
There are certain things in life we cannot change or solve. When we are faced with the death of a lo...
What are the steps to wellness?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
How to Get Well, by Paavo Airola, published in 1974 was one of the first books I read when I started...
Is It Safe to Take Natural Remedies with Conventional Medications?