What is colon therapy?

Colon therapists believed that waste material on the walls of the intestine are toxic and may be absorbed into the bloodstream, producing disease. In colon therapy, the large intestine, or colon, is cleansed with water, or water mixed with herbs or enzymes. This detoxification therapy lasts about an hour and uses 20 or more gallons of water.

Continue Learning about Natural Wellness Techniques & Treatments

Why can detoxification make me feel sick?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
When you eat a diet that is based on toxic and addictive foods -- such as salt, fried foods, sna...
How can I detoxify my digestive tract naturally?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
To detoxify your digestive tract naturally, you need 3 ingredients: lemon juice, ginger and sea salt...
How can I handle feeling claustrophobic when stuck at home in the winter?
Brooke RandolphBrooke Randolph
As winter stretches on after Punxsutawney Phil was frightened by his own shadow, many can start ...
Is It Safe to Take Natural Remedies with Conventional Medications?