What has fueled the popularity of herbs in the West?

A distrust of the medical establishment arguably has helped fuel popularity of herbs in the West. Many people began taking charge of their health, essentially self-medicating.

In response, the medical establishment began integrating herbs into their practices, creating a hybrid of traditional and modern medicines. This kind of medicine is called Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM).

The practice of CAM is predicated upon the efficacy and safety of the herbs. But without regulation from the Federal Drug Administration, physicians are unsure of how safe or effective an herbal supplement may be.

Continue Learning about Natural Wellness Techniques & Treatments

How can I detoxify my digestive tract naturally?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
To detoxify your digestive tract naturally, you need 3 ingredients: lemon juice, ginger and sea salt...
What can I do to alleviate physical problems?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Adopting the following measures can help alleviate physical problems:Wellness strategies such as eat...
How can I detoxify my liver naturally?
To detoxify your liver naturally, eating dandelion greens can be a huge help in establishing long-te...
Is It Safe to Take Natural Remedies with Conventional Medications?