What can I do to alleviate physical problems?

Adopting the following measures can help alleviate physical problems:

• Wellness strategies such as eating well, getting enough rest and exercise, meditating, and participating in relaxing activities. A healthy body and a calm mind helps you to be resilient
  • Spiritual work, including meditation, prayer, and involvement in a religious community
  • Creative activities, alone or with others: dancing, singing, arts and crafts, and reading novels, biographies, or magazine articles for fun or to learn about a dilemma or problem you are facing
  • Support, self-help, or common-interest groups. Many groups exist that address various problems and challenges—becoming a new mother, recovering from addiction, growing older, choosing parenthood as a lesbian, understanding self-injury, living with a particular illness or disability, or separating from a long-term relationship. At their best, these groups help people to feel less alone and to see individual concerns within a larger societal context.
  • Friendships and community. Find and reach out to a community of family, friends, neighbors, and spiritual advisers with whom you can celebrate and grieve over life transitions. Sometimes, a good listener is what we need most
  • Working for social or political change. Working to change social and economic factors that make life difficult, from expensive day care to racial discrimination on the job, can be meaningful, especially when what you try to change is causing you pain.
Our Bodies, Ourselves: Pregnancy and Birth

ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO MAKE WISE DECISIONS ABOUT YOUR PREGNANCY AND THE BIRTH OF YOUR CHILD -- FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH" Pregnancy and birth are as ordinary...

Continue Learning about Natural Wellness Techniques & Treatments

How can I detoxify my liver naturally?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
To detoxify your liver naturally, eating dandelion greens can be a huge help in establishing long-te...
Why is it so important to remove toxins from my body?
Pam GroutPam Grout
Once you rid your body of all the toxins, it can go to work better processing food. The other traged...
Why is my body's well-being extremely important?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Since you are inseparable from your body, its well-being is extremely relevant. Those of you who ins...
Is It Safe to Take Natural Remedies with Conventional Medications?