How can I practice living in the moment?

Just be, and enjoy life. Understand that who you are is not dependent on what you do, what you have, or how impressive your accomplishments are.

When my children were born, I said to each one, "You don't have to be anything or do anything. We just brought you here to show you how much we love you." If you can diminish the dominance of the need to prove yourself, you'll gain access to the part of yourself that showers you with love for just being.

Of course, you do not want to completely eliminate the part of yourself that lives in the past, plans for the future, and delights in achievement. Planning, doing, and achieving should be central in your life -- it's just that your sense of worthiness should be liberated from these activities.
Listening to Depression: How Understanding Your Pain Can Heal Your Life

A New Way of Thinking About DepressionWhat does it really mean to be depressed? You know depression as a collection of symptoms—fatigue, listlessness, feelings of worthlessness—and the source of...
One way to practice living in the moment: the body scan. How do you do it? Focus on every part of your body, which will help you to relax:
  1. Lie down.
  2. Close your eyes and notice your posture.
  3. Think about the natural flow of your breath, focusing on air filling and leaving the lungs.
  4. Notice your toes—any tension, tingling, or temperature change?
  5. Move to thinking about your feet, heels, and ankles, all the way up through the knees, thighs, and pelvis.
  6. Continue with each body part—going through both the front and back of your body as you work your way up—finishing with the throat, jaw, tongue, face, and brow.
You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty

International bestselling authors of YOU: The Owner's Manual and YOU: On a Diet give you all the tools and know-how to stay young and defy the ageing process. Drawing lively parallels between your...

Continue Learning about Natural Wellness Techniques & Treatments

Why is detoxifying hard?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
After years of eating a poor diet, detoxifying your body can be both physically and psychologically ...
How can I detoxify my digestive tract naturally?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
To detoxify your digestive tract naturally, you need 3 ingredients: lemon juice, ginger and sea salt...
Why is my body's well-being extremely important?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Since you are inseparable from your body, its well-being is extremely relevant. Those of you who ins...
Is It Safe to Take Natural Remedies with Conventional Medications?