Why is it so important to remove toxins from my body?

Pam Grout
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

Once you rid your body of all the toxins, it can go to work better processing food. The other tragedy that occurs when your cells don't get enough oxygen is they convert from the fat-burning equilibrium to the fat-storing equilibrium. And while that's hardly good news for someone wanting to shed pounds, it's actually a tribute to your miraculous body. In a nutshell, your cells are very advanced time management specialists. They know how to do the very best with what they've got. When they're not getting enough oxygen, it's only smart on their part to change from a metabolism that burns fat to a metabolism that doesn't. You see, it takes a lot of oxygen to burn up fat. And if your body isn't getting enough oxygen, it's only sound reasoning to form a fat cell because, well, it conserves the oxygen that's there. If your circulation isn't delivering enough oxygen to the cells, the fat-burning mechanism, like my tightly stacked logs, sputters and dies.

Jumpstart Your Metabolism: How To Lose Weight By Changing The Way You Breathe

If you've tried every conceivable combination of diet and exercise and still can't shed those extra pounds, then perhaps you haven't discovered the hidden key to weight loss -- proper breathing. By...

Continue Learning about Natural Wellness Techniques & Treatments

What are the steps to wellness?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
How to Get Well, by Paavo Airola, published in 1974 was one of the first books I read when I started...
What is the "SMART" approach to lifestyle changes?
Jay Morgan, NASM Elite TrainerJay Morgan, NASM Elite Trainer
You now have your vision; you have laid down the law on how you will achieve them through your value...
What can I do to alleviate physical problems?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Adopting the following measures can help alleviate physical problems:Wellness strategies such as eat...
Is It Safe to Take Natural Remedies with Conventional Medications?