Why is it so important to remove toxins from my body?

Pam Grout
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

Once you rid your body of all the toxins, it can go to work better processing food. The other tragedy that occurs when your cells don't get enough oxygen is they convert from the fat-burning equilibrium to the fat-storing equilibrium. And while that's hardly good news for someone wanting to shed pounds, it's actually a tribute to your miraculous body. In a nutshell, your cells are very advanced time management specialists. They know how to do the very best with what they've got. When they're not getting enough oxygen, it's only smart on their part to change from a metabolism that burns fat to a metabolism that doesn't. You see, it takes a lot of oxygen to burn up fat. And if your body isn't getting enough oxygen, it's only sound reasoning to form a fat cell because, well, it conserves the oxygen that's there. If your circulation isn't delivering enough oxygen to the cells, the fat-burning mechanism, like my tightly stacked logs, sputters and dies.

Jumpstart Your Metabolism: How To Lose Weight By Changing The Way You Breathe

If you've tried every conceivable combination of diet and exercise and still can't shed those extra pounds, then perhaps you haven't discovered the hidden key to weight loss -- proper breathing. By...

Continue Learning about Natural Wellness Techniques & Treatments

Why is my body's well-being extremely important?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Since you are inseparable from your body, its well-being is extremely relevant. Those of you who ins...
What is the best way to detoxify my body?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
When putting your cleansing or detox diet into action, do the following: 1. Sleep: Aim to get as ...
What is the "SMART" approach to lifestyle changes?
Kenneth Johnson, NASM Elite TrainerKenneth Johnson, NASM Elite Trainer
The SMART approach focuses on the behavioral goals to get to the lifestyle outcome you desire, not o...
Is It Safe to Take Natural Remedies with Conventional Medications?