How can herbal medicine treat anxiety?

Dr. Cynthia Washington
Family Medicine

A common herbal medication known as Kava Kava can be used to treat mild to moderate anxiety.  Kava Kava aids in relief of anxiety by having a rapid, calm effect on the nervous system.  It is important to avoid use of alcohol or any medication metabolized by the liver when taking Kava Kava.  In addition, it is recommended that you speak with your health care provider before consuming any herbal medications.

Continue Learning about Natural Wellness Techniques & Treatments

What are some tips to help me cleanse and detoxify my body?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Here are some healthy tips to cleanse and detoxify your body: Organic: This tops the list because...
What can I do to alleviate physical problems?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Adopting the following measures can help alleviate physical problems:Wellness strategies such as eat...
How can I detoxify my digestive tract naturally?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
To detoxify your digestive tract naturally, you need 3 ingredients: lemon juice, ginger and sea salt...
Is It Safe to Take Natural Remedies with Conventional Medications?