How effective is ColoThin for weight loss?

This should not be considered a weight loss product other than because of its potential to remove weight from your intestines. Weight loss is caused by taking in fewer calories than you burn and there are products designed to support that process.

The main ingredient in ColoThin is Psyillium seed husk. ColoThin claims to eliminate waste and toxins from your body via the colon to increase your overall health. The manufacturer states that by doing this, it leaves the colon clean, disinfected, and working correctly. Purported benefits of this product include detoxification of your body, decrease in constipation, help in weight loss and an increase in energy. However, the claims (detoxifying the body, weight loss and increasing energy) have not been proven in scientific research. Psyillium works as a bulk laxative and may help with constipation. The other ingredients for Colothin cannot be found on their website or be provided by their customer service support.

Continue Learning about Natural Wellness Techniques & Treatments

What can I do to alleviate physical problems?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Adopting the following measures can help alleviate physical problems:Wellness strategies such as eat...
What is the best way to detoxify my body?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
When putting your cleansing or detox diet into action, do the following: 1. Sleep: Aim to get as ...
How can I practice living in the moment?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
Just be, and enjoy life. Understand that who you are is not dependent on what you do, what you h...
Is It Safe to Take Natural Remedies with Conventional Medications?