How can I have regular bowel movements during a cleansing or detox diet?

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
During a cleansing or detox diet, hydration, fiber and motility are the keys to regularity of bowel movement. In terms of motility, we need the mineral magnesium. Magnesium relaxes the body and helps to encourage normal and optimal motility. We get magnesium from whole grains and many vegetables but you may also benefit from a supplement during the cleanse. The body may need a gentle boost if these other remedies don't work.

Continue Learning about Natural Wellness Techniques & Treatments

How can I detoxify my digestive tract naturally?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
To detoxify your digestive tract naturally, you need 3 ingredients: lemon juice, ginger and sea salt...
Why is my body's well-being extremely important?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Since you are inseparable from your body, its well-being is extremely relevant. Those of you who ins...
How can I practice living in the moment?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
Just be, and enjoy life. Understand that who you are is not dependent on what you do, what you h...
Is It Safe to Take Natural Remedies with Conventional Medications?