Do colon cleansers work?

There have not been many studies done about the benefits or risks of colon cleansing. Therefore, there are differing theories of whether or not it is healthy. It does help with constipation, but regarding the question of detoxification, the jury is still out. We already have organs that detoxify: the liver and kidneys. The colon is there to eliminate waste, not detoxify.

Continue Learning about Natural Wellness Techniques & Treatments

How can acceptance help me move forward in life?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
There are certain things in life we cannot change or solve. When we are faced with the death of a lo...
What can I do to alleviate physical problems?
Adopting the following measures can help alleviate physical problems:Wellness strategies such as eat...
How can I practice living in the moment?
One way to practice living in the moment: the body scan. How do you do it? Focus on every part of yo...
Is It Safe to Take Natural Remedies with Conventional Medications?