Do colon cleansers work?

There have not been many studies done about the benefits or risks of colon cleansing. Therefore, there are differing theories of whether or not it is healthy. It does help with constipation, but regarding the question of detoxification, the jury is still out. We already have organs that detoxify: the liver and kidneys. The colon is there to eliminate waste, not detoxify.

Continue Learning about Natural Wellness Techniques & Treatments

What is the best way to detoxify my body?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
When putting your cleansing or detox diet into action, do the following: 1. Sleep: Aim to get as ...
Why is my body's well-being extremely important?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Since you are inseparable from your body, its well-being is extremely relevant. Those of you who ins...
What is effective coping?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
When to take action to solve a problem is an important part of effective coping. Although we cannot ...
Is It Safe to Take Natural Remedies with Conventional Medications?