Colon therapies that attempt to prevent disease by "flushing" toxins from the colon (known as colonic irrigation, high colonics, or colon hydrotherapy) have no basis in scientific evidence. Dangers associated with this unproven practice include infection and/or death from the following causes: contaminated equipment, electrolyte depletion, or perforation of the intestinal wall.
- Q What does colon therapy/colonic irrigation help treat?
- Q Does colon therapy/colonic irrigation have pre-surgical uses?
- Q Should I get a colonic?
- Q Is there a safe colon cleanser?
- Q What is the purpose of a colonic?
- Q What is a colonic?