What is the surgery for nasopharyngeal cancer?

Surgery to treat nasopharyngeal cancer is usually only done if radiation therapy was ineffective. The actual procedure involves cutting out the tumor from the nasopharynx. If the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes, then the lymph nodes may also need to be removed.

Continue Learning about Nasopharyngeal Cancer

Should I talk to my doctor about my nasopharyngeal cancer symptoms?
Yes, you should discuss your symptoms with your doctor. You should tell your doctor about any sympto...
How long can I survive with nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer can be successfully cured if caught early. If not, it is often fatal. Only 35 ...
What is the rate of incidence for nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer is rare in the United States. It is often detected late because other illnesse...
What are my chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer?
Your chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer depend on a variety of factors. If your cancer i...