What increases my risk for nasopharyngeal cancer?

Risk factors for nasopharyngeal cancer include being male, of Asian or North African descent, and between 30 and 55 years of age. Consummation of salted fish and preserved meats also increase risk of nasopharyngeal cancer. Genetic factors and the Epstein-Barr virus are also linked with nasopharyngeal cancer.

Continue Learning about Nasopharyngeal Cancer

Should I talk to my doctor about my nasopharyngeal cancer symptoms?
Yes, you should discuss your symptoms with your doctor. You should tell your doctor about any sympto...
Is there a cure for nasopharyngeal cancer?
There is a possibility of curing nasopharyngeal cancer with chemotherapy and radiation. However, thi...
What is the rate of incidence for nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer is rare in the United States. It is often detected late because other illnesse...
How long can I survive with nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer can be successfully cured if caught early. If not, it is often fatal. Only 35 ...