What are the treatment options for nasopharyngeal cancer?

Treatment options for nasopharyngeal cancer include radiation and chemotherapy. Radiation kills the cancer cells, but may also harm some healthy ones as well. Chemotherapy also kills cancer cells and is often used before, after or in conjunction with radiation. In a few cases, surgery is also performed to treat nasopharyngeal cancer.

Continue Learning about Nasopharyngeal Cancer

How long can I survive with nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer can be successfully cured if caught early. If not, it is often fatal. Only 35 ...
How is my stage of nasopharyngeal cancer determined?
The stage of nasopharyngeal cancer can be determined through the use of imaging tests, such as CT sc...
How can nasopharyngeal cancer spread in the body?
Nasopharyngeal cancer can spread in the body through several means. First, it may spread to nearby a...
How are stages of nasopharyngeal cancer defined?
Stages of nasopharyngeal cancer are defined by how far the cancer has spread and the size of the tum...