What are the treatment options for nasopharyngeal cancer?

Treatment options for nasopharyngeal cancer include radiation and chemotherapy. Radiation kills the cancer cells, but may also harm some healthy ones as well. Chemotherapy also kills cancer cells and is often used before, after or in conjunction with radiation. In a few cases, surgery is also performed to treat nasopharyngeal cancer.

Continue Learning about Nasopharyngeal Cancer

What is the rate of incidence for nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer is rare in the United States. It is often detected late because other illnesse...
How long can I survive with nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer can be successfully cured if caught early. If not, it is often fatal. Only 35 ...
What are my chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer?
Your chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer depend on a variety of factors. If your cancer i...
How are stages of nasopharyngeal cancer defined?
Stages of nasopharyngeal cancer are defined by how far the cancer has spread and the size of the tum...